HOW I EDIT MY INSTAGRAM PHOTO

By AREEN HANIF - September 27, 2017

As promised, since i get asked so many questions on my Instagram picture, from the filter, to editing tool/app and the camera, so i decided, once and for all, let me answer those questions here.


Truthfully, I really don’t do that much to my pics. In fact, I only use one app for editing and it takes maybe 2 minutes tops to achieve the look I’m going for.

Q: How do you create a cohesive feed on instagram?

A: Before you starting to create a cohesive content on instagram, 
Firstly, choose your Instagram Theme for your feed and try to stick to it. 
Like mine, the theme that im going for is basically dreamy,blueish and clear feed.
It all depend on your preference on how to edit your photos. 
Be selective, dont upload just about everything. Select a photo that going to match with the rest of your feed
Dont think too much. Enjoy the process!
If you still not knowing the theme that you would like to have, google or find inspiration from Pinterest.
They even teach you the steps to create the look you are going for


source: pinterest

Secondly, choose a non crowded background for your picture. 
It is so important to stick to a basic background with not much going on.
My favorite place to take a picture is in front of a plain wall or the beach. That is Areen's signature😜 
And remember to hunt for good lighting. I normally only shoot pictures outside, or a really well lit room with NATURAL light.


Q: What camera did you used?



A: Most of the time i only used my Iphone 6s plus. Sometimes, i will used my Sony Rx100 Mark 4


Q: What apps do you use to edit your pictures and what filters are your favorite?

A: There are few apps that i have but most of the time i only used VSCOCAM, unless the picture needs extra editing in term of lighting or sharpness. 
What i like about VSCOCAM is that i can lay out my feed before I actually publish a photo to see if it fits well with my theme. 
I will not post the picture until im truly satisfied with the editing. 
Im such an OCD person when it comes to maintaining my feed. 
example of my Vsco feed

Others apps that i have are Snapseed, Afterlight and Facetune!
Some of the apps you need to purchased it. 


My favorite VSCOCAM filter would be the the Analog Theme (A5, A6, A7, A8, A9)
I edit most of my photos using the A9 (6+)

This is the basic steps of how i usually edit my pictures:

Filter A9 - Exposure (1+) - Clarity (1+) - Temperature (-2) - Fade (3+)
I will adjust accordingly depend on the picture. It took me less than a minute to edit my picture.
To make it more dreamy, you can increase the 'Fade' tool.

I hope this helps with planning a cohesive Instagram theme and you find my tips useful! Remember quality over quantity, find a filter you love and start to plan your feed.
Having a feed is not necessary but having a nice feed is a satisfaction!
At least for me!



 for reading!







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments